Spicy Orange Garlic ShrimpA nice spicy main dish shrimp dish with a bit of citrus and made in the skillet. Quick, light and just delish!
Inspired by Pastor Ryan's Orange Garlic Shrimp
Recipe: Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
Prep time: 10 min |Cook time: 15 min | Yield: About 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound of medium (41/50 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama)
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Couple dashes of parsley, plus extra for garnish, optional
Peel and devein the shrimp; rinse and pat dry; set aside. Combine the orange juice with the zest, Cajun seasoning, chili powder, Old Bay, and fresh ginger; set aside.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Toss in the shrimp and stir fry, just until slightly undercooked; remove the shrimp and set aside. Add the orange mixture and bring to a boil until slightly reduced. Stir in the butter until fully incorporated and then return the shrimp to the skillet, tossing to coat evenly. Stir until shrimp is thoroughly cooked and warmed through - but don't overcook! Stir in a couple shakes of dried parsley.
Serve over hot rice and garnish with a bit of parsley flakes.
Cook's Notes: I sometimes use a spicy chipotle chili powder.
Requires Adobe Reader - download it free!
©Deep South Dish
☛ Are you on Facebook? If you haven't already, come and join the party! We have a lot of fun & there's always room for one more at the table.
Shrimp and Macaroni Salad
Cajun Shrimp Spread/Dip