|Chicken wings, marinated in a highly seasoned dry rub marinade, dredged in a seasoned egg wash and deep fried for crispy, crunchy, spicy goodness.|
Crispy Southern Fried Hot WingsAdding to the repertoire of Sticky, Sweet & Spicy Wings, Gooey BBQ Wings, and Hot Buffalo Style Wings, we now have Crispy Southern Fried Hot Wings to add to your party fare! If you don't have a deep fryer, you need one if only for these deep fried wings - though you'll use it for many more things. These fried wings are crunchy and crispy and have a nice spicy kick but believe it or not, despite all the peppers, not over-powering. I think that you will love these!
Here's how to make them.
Adapted from The Neely's.
Recipe: Crispy Southern Fried Hot Wings©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
Prep time: 15 min |Cook time: 25 min | Yield: About 4 to 6 servings
Spicy Dipping Sauce
Prepare and refrigerate till needed.
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of horseradish
- 4 tablespoons of chili sauce (like Heinz)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama)
Dry Rub Marinade
- 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama)
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning or seasoned salt (like Cavender's or Lawrys)
- 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4.5 pound package of chicken wings
- 3 cups of self rising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama)
- 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
Disjoint the wings and place them into an oblong glass pan. Combine the dry marinade ingredients and sprinkle over the disjointed wings. Toss the wings to coat them well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
Preheat the deep fryer to 350 degrees. Put the flour in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the egg wash ingredients. Remove the chicken from the fridge, dip them in the egg wash, dredge them in the flour and set them aside on a plate.
Drop into the 350 degree F hot oil a few pieces at a time and fry until golden brown and floating, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve plain or with the dipping sauce.
Requires Adobe Reader - download it free!©Deep South Dish
☛ Are you on Facebook? If you haven't already, come and join the party! We have a lot of fun & there's always room for one more at the table.
Cane Syrup Glazed Hot Wings
Louisiana Hot Wings
Buffalo Style Hot Wings
Grab some more wings recipes!
Images and Full Post Content including Recipe ©Deep South Dish. Recipes are offered for your own personal use only and while pinning and sharing links is welcomed and encouraged, please do not copy and paste to repost or republish elsewhere such as other Facebook pages, blogs, websites, or forums without explicit prior permission. All rights reserved.