|A delicious hot party dip made from crabmeat and cream cheese.|
Hot Crab DipA delicious hot dip that shows up at just about every party down south I've ever been to.
Here's how to make it.
Recipe: Hot Crab Dip©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
Prep time: 10 min |Cook time: 20 min | Yield: About 3 cups
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama), or to taste, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 1/3 cup whole milk, more or less
- 2 large cans of crabmeat, well drained, or 1 pound fresh
- Shredded mild white cheese, for garnish, optional
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions, for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Dump the crabmeat into a colander to drain; set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese with the onion, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire; beat together, adding the milk a little at a time, until well blended. You only need to add just enough milk to get things mixed up well, not to make the dip runny and goopey. Add the crab and mix in gently. Spoon into a buttered casserole dish and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
Garnish with a sprinkling of shredded cheese and sliced green onion, if desired, and serve hot in a chafing or warming dish with toast points, toasted sliced bread, Melba toast, crackers or chips on the side. Double for a party.
Requires Adobe Reader - download it free!©Deep South Dish
Check These Recipes Out Too!
☛ Are you on Facebook? If you haven't already, come and join the party! We have a lot of fun & there's always room for one more at the table.
Fried Jalapeno Poppers
Loaded Potato Skins
Caramelized Onion Dip
Posted by Mary on December 27, 2008Images and Full Post Content including Recipe ©Deep South Dish. Pinning and sharing links is welcomed and encouraged, but please do not repost or republish elsewhere such as other blogs, websites, or forums without explicit prior permission. All rights reserved.
Material Disclosure: Unless otherwise noted, you should assume that post links to the providers of goods and services mentioned, establish an affiliate relationship and/or other material connection and that I may be compensated when you purchase from a provider. You are never under any obligation to purchase anything when using my recipes and you should always perform due diligence before buying goods or services from anyone via the Internet or offline..