|Beef for sandwiches with a delicious homemade barbecue sauce made so easy with a slow cooker. Pop it all in before you leave and come home to an easy supper.|
Barbecue BeefThis is an absolutely delicious barbecue beef that is perfect for sandwiches, and so simple. Toss it all into the crockpot in the morning and it's ready for you when you get home. Fresh and homemade from ingredients you control and the flavor shows it. Stick with the fattier cuts of meat, or if you use leaner cuts, use them in combination with a mixture of the fattier cuts for the best flavor.
Here's how to make it.
Recipe: Crockpot Barbecue Beef for Sandwiches©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
Prep time: 10 min |Cook time: 7 hours | Yield: About 6 to 8 servings
- 3 pounds of braising beef (stew meat, bottom round, chuck)*
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire
- Couple dashes of hot sauce, optional
Whisk together all of ingredients except for the meat in a slow cooker. Add the meat, cover and cook on high for about 7 hours. Shred meat and pile on toasted buns.
Cook's Notes: Best with the fattier cuts of meat like chuck, or use a mixture of fattier cuts with lean cuts. Can also use 1/2 beef with 1/2 pork if desired.
Requires Adobe Reader - download it free!©Deep South Dish
☛ Are you on Facebook? If you haven't already, come and join the party! We have a lot of fun & there's always room for one more at the table.
Crockpot Carolina Style Barbecue Pork
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
Step by Step Roast Beef Po'boy