|Delicious whiskey sauce is a great dessert sauce for a simple pound cake or as here, a perfect accent for this yummy bread pudding.|
Whiskey SauceThis is a simple, egg-less, whiskey sauce that pairs up as nicely with warm bread pudding as it does with pound cake.
Recipe: Whiskey Sauce©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
Prep time: 5 min |Cook time: 3 min | Yield: About 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of whiskey, or to taste
Melt butter in a saucepan and whisk all other ingredients in except the vanilla and whiskey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat, add vanilla and whiskey, whisk and drizzle over individual servings of warm bread pudding, shown above.
Note: Can omit whiskey for a simple glaze, or substitute rum, if desired.
Requires Adobe Reader - download it free!©Deep South Dish
Check These Out Too!
Old Fashioned Cream Sauce
Maple Rum Sauce