|Chicken baked with a barbecue glaze with garlic and ginger.|
Spicy Ginger Garlic Chicken
A yummy way to jazz up chicken without adding a lot of fat. I used some super gargantuan, bone-in chicken breasts here and then just sliced them up, but this works well with a cut-up whole chicken, or thighs and legs. If you're looking to cut back on fat, remove the skin. These are also great grilled.
Recipe: Spicy Ginger Garlic Chicken©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
Prep time: 10 min |Cook time: 1 hour | Yield: About 4 servings
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) of whole chicken, cut up
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun/Creole seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama), or to taste, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk together the other ingredients and brush both sides of chicken. Bake, turning at least once, and basting occasionally with the remaining glaze, until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature of dark meat reaches 175 degrees; 165 for breasts, about 1 hour. Total time will depend on what chicken pieces you are using, and what size they are.
Requires Adobe Reader - download it free!
©Deep South Dish
☛ Are you on Facebook? If you haven't already, come and join the party! We have a lot of fun & there's always room for one more at the table.
Check These Recipes Out Too Y'all!
Spicy Sweet Bacon Chicken Breasts
Crispy Panko Coated Ranch Chicken
Southern Stewed Chicken